Do you have a large or bulky item that you are unable to bring to the store yourself? Good news, we offer a free pick-up service!
Our donation pick-ups are scheduled during the week on an appointment basis.
- You can deliver your donated items to the ReStore Monday – Saturday 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Tax receipts are issued for all donations.
- We use our discretion when accepting donations, and we reserve the right to refuse a donation of items that are damaged or which we will be unable to sell.
All items must be in good condition, working and functioning properly.
Appliances: Appliances in working condition. EPA regulations prevent the resale of water heaters and dishwashers that are not certified lead-free.
- Refrigerators or freezers
- Microwave ovens
- Gas and electrical ranges
- Cook tops
- HVAC unit (must be 5 years or newer)
Architectural items: Architectural items that are in good condition without structural or water damage.
- Porch posts
- Other unique items that can be repurposed
Cabinetry: We accept residential and commercial cabinets that have all doors and drawers. Cabinets must be free from water damage, mold or structural damage.
- Individual pieces
- Full cabinet sets
- Kitchen and bathroom cabinets
- Workshop, office and miscellaneous storage cabinets
Doors: Doors must be in good condition with no rotted wood, broken panels, or punctures.
- Residential doors
- Door slabs
- Entryway units
- French door sets
Flooring: We accept carpet and carpet padding in sizes exceeding 25 square feet with no stains, fraying, odors or animal hair. Hardwood, vinyl, tile and laminate flooring should also be in good condition and without any adhesive or glue.
- Carpet & carpet padding; min.25 sq. ft.
- Vinyl, tile or sheet
- Ceramic tile
Electrical: We can only accept residential electrical items; no commercial electrical items, please.
- NEW digital thermostats
- Drop cords, coaxial cable, electrical wiring of usable length and gauge
Electronics: We accept working electronics which must include all cords/connectors/accessories.
- DVD Players
- Cameras, photo and video
- Flat screen TVs
- Radios & stereos
Furniture: We accept upholstered furniture without stains, rips or animal hair and wood or metal furniture that is structurally complete. Due to sanitation restrictions we do not accept mattresses or box springs.
- Wood furniture, all types
- Tables, chairs, wooden desks, computer desks, drafting tables, bookcases, dressers, entertainment centers, armoires, file cabinets
- Home furnishings (living room, bedroom, kitchen, dining room, office)
Hardware: We accept hardware in good condition that is clean and unpainted. We also accept hand and power tools that pose no safety risks.
- Complete sets of door hardware
- Nails, screws
- Hangers, connectors, fasteners, hinges etc.
- Hand and power tools
Lighting: Lighting must be complete and in good condition. We accept indoor and outdoor lighting that is free from cracks or broken glass. We cannot accept fluorescent lighting because of environmental and disposal issues.
- Indoor and outdoor lamps
- Interior fixtures (chandeliers, sconces, flush mount, ceiling fans, pendants)
- Exterior fixtures (sconces, flush mount, post lighting)
Lumber: Must be at least 4 ft. in length with no nails, screws, staples or warping. Sheet goods must be at least 4ft. sheets with no damage or warping.
- Treated or untreated lumber
- Sheet goods (particle board, pressboard, plywood, paneling)
- Trim, molding
- Brick and block without mortar or cement
- Glass block
- Cement and mortar
Plumbing: Plumbing items must be in good condition with no chips, cracks or rust.
- Stainless steel and porcelain kitchen sinks
- Pedestal and drop-in bathroom sinks
- Fiberglass bathtubs (no cracks)
- Toilets: neutral color (white, tan, beige, no cracks)
- Shower enclosures
- Faucets (complete sets)
- Water heaters – (Must have been manufactured after June 1986 and certified to be lead free)
- Hardware, fittings, piping, etc.
Windows: Windows must be complete units, with frames, and in good condition. No rotted wood, cracked or foggy glass.
- Picture and bay
- Complete window units
- Shutters without cracks: interior and exterior
Miscellaneous: Miscellaneous building and decorating products
- Gardening tools, lawn equipment
- Shutters (int./ext.)
- Roofing Shingles
- Vinyl Siding
What Can We Not Accept?
We are unable to accept any items with mold, mildew, water damage or rust.
- Unframed mirrors or sheets of glass
- Shower doors
- Clothing, bedding, mattresses or box springs
- Pianos, organs
- Medical equipment
- CRT TV’s (old style)
- Water heaters manufactured before June 1986
- VHS players
Contact the ReStore
Brent Talmadge, Store Manager
The Habitat for Humanity ReStore
PO Box 6627
Roanoke, VA 24017
3435 Melrose Ave., N.W.
Roanoke, VA 24017
Donate a Vehicle to Habitat’s Cars for Homes® Program
When you donate a car, truck, boat or RV to Habitat for Humanity’s Cars for Homes™ program, you are helping Habitat for Humanity in the Roanoke Valley build homes in partnership with families within your community!
Donating a car, truck, boat, RV or other vehicle is quick and easy, and your car donation may be eligible for tax deduction purposes if you itemize (consult the IRS or your tax advisor for details).
Cars for Homes™ accepts a majority of cars, trucks, boats, RVs and other vehicles with proper title and ownership information, and makes the arrangements to have your vehicle, keys and title picked up for processing.
Net proceeds generated by donated vehicle sales are used by Habitat for Humanity in the Roanoke Valley to build homes in partnership with families in our community.
It’s quick and easy to donate. With your help, more low income families can have a decent place to call home, and the hope of a better life.
To donate your vehicle, call 1-877-277-HFHI (4344) or visit www.CarsForHomes.org.